We have a role for every adult in a community who gets excited about adolescents hearing of God's love for them.
While the needs in every community are different, many staff are looking for adults to serve in ways like:
- Prayer team — we entrust our success to the One we so passionately tell kids about, so if you have the desire to pray for us and with us, we are grateful.
- Event support — planning and executing fundraisers and informational meetings, from banquets to barbecues, from golf events to skeet shoots.
- Helping with financial support — local areas are financially supported almost exclusively by local families, businesses and churches, so we need help finding those people, engaging them and thanking them.
- Leader care — whether it is making them a meal or praying with them, we want our leaders working with kids to know they've got a team cheering them on.
- Community relations — when the right people know the right things about Young Life -- from pastors to principals to parents -- the mission takes root and grows.
- Logistical support — stuffing envelopes, data entry, accounting help, newsletter writing -- you name it, we could use your skills!
This is just scratching the surface. And if you don't have the time for a formal committee role, we also need helpers we call the "ministry support team" to play other parts in this effort. When you're on committee, you're also becoming a part of a community of dynamic staff, leaders and other adult supporters. In fact, you'll end up with a front row seat for watching God work in the lives of kids. Meet some current committee members below!
The Small Business Owner
Having attended Young Life herself, Susan now hosts Campaigner breakfast at her home ever week!
Gill, a past volunteer leader, found his niche by leading the local committee. He is passionate about supporting staff so they can focus on spending more time with kids.
Working behind-the-scenes, Janna views her role on committee as time well-spent. She enjoys seeing her daughter's friends introduced to Christ and wants to see Young Life developed in her community.