A Clear and Compelling Goal
Reaching a World of Kids (RWOK) is Young Life's initiative to double the number of kids we reach each year from approximately one million to more than two million by 2016.
We'll do this by:
- Mobilizing more than 80,000 volunteers (both leaders and committee)
- Establishing sustainable ministries in 8,000 locations
All for the purpose of introducing more adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith.
How You Can Help Reach a World of Kids
We're convinced that this mission is uniquely positioned and prepared to take on this challenge. Yet, we know that a critical ingredient is the support of friends and supporters like you. Here are some ways you can join us:
- Volunteer your time: Whether you have an hour a year to stuff envelopes or an hour a day to spend time with kids, we have a role for you. If you aren't already connected with a Young Life staff person, find the person nearest to you using our Locator and give them a call. They can plug you into a role that will engage you and greatly help the local effort.
- Connect and reconnect with Young Life alumni: Did you know that over three million people have had a significant involvement with Young Life over the last seven decades? We want to do everything we can to give alums ongoing opportunities for engagement — particularly those who may have lost touch with us. Help us get started by ensuring you are in the Alumni and Friends database and by encouraging your camp and club friends to join as well.
- Help open a new club, community — even country — for Young Life! You may have a calling to or connection in a place that we don't. If so, use our Locator to find the nearest Young Life office and share what you have to offer. Who knows ... it may be the piece we were missing in starting a new ministry that will last for decades!
- Support a Global Leader: A big part of RWOK is taking our method and our message to every corner of the globe. By supporting an international college student through the Developing Global Leaders program, you'll invest both in a student's future and in Young Life's long-term growth around the world.
- Pray for RWOK.
Imagine the impact of more than two million kids a year around the world hearing the message of God's love for them from a trusted friend in Young Life. We're grateful for your help as strive toward this goal. If you have additional questions, please contact us.
Want to learn more? Read Young Life President Denny Rydberg's article on RWOK in the Fall 2010 issue of Relationships magazine.
Current staff, leaders and committee members: You can access additional resources that will assist you with planned and existing RWOK efforts in your area via the Staff, Leader and Committee Resources website. If you don't have an account on this website, talk with your local staff person.