Whether you are a teen looking to get involved with Young Life Military, an alumnus looking for an old friend from MCYM/Club Beyond or someone who wants a chance to join the ministry as staff or as a volunteer, there are a variety of ways to get involved with Young Life Military.
Locate Young Life Military
If you live within the continental United States (CONUS), please use the Locator to find out if Young Life Military is near you. Using the Locator, you can enter your city of residence or ZIP code and search for the area office nearest you.
Young Life Military works closely with Young Life areas on the home front, and an area director will help plug any interested military brat into a group that meets either on a military installation or at a local school.
If you live on or near a military installation and want to start Young Life Military there, use the Locator to contact your regional office to get started.
If you live overseas, please use Young Life's Locator or view the Locations section on MCYM/Club Beyond's website to find out if Young Life Military is near you.
If you live on or near a military installation and want to start Young Life Military there, please contact the Young Life Military office for direction by calling (800) 832-9098.
Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
Those seeking employment with Young Life Military should visit the Young Life Jobs and Volunteer Opportunities section or the MCYM/Club Beyond Join Us section for the most current list of available job opportunities.
Anyone seeking volunteer opportunities may also peruse the list of jobs and may utilize the Locator to find the nearest Young Life office. Local areas are always looking for adults committed to the Gospel of Christ who love military brats.
Ways to Serve
- Volunteer leader: You don’t have to have military experience to serve as a volunteer leader in Young Life Military. All that is needed to be a leader is a strong commitment to Christ and to loving a group of kids for whom change is the only constant. Half the work is in showing up. Military brats want to know that you’ll stick around.
- Committee: Another way to serve is on the local committee — a group of adults who work to maintain support for the ministry in their community through prayer, promotion and making sure that the ministry’s financial needs are met.
- Donor: Although the military does supply some financial assistance, Young Life Military is always grateful for the donors who serve through their charitable gifts. Find out more about ways to give.
Both the Young Life and MCYM alumni databases can help you keep in touch with old friends. These databases let you search for friends, update your current information and facilitate a greater sense of connectivity when transitioning to a new post or assignment.
- Young Life: Visit the Young Life Alumni and Friends Database. You can search for your friends here and also add your information so that people can then locate you.
- MCYM/Club Beyond: Access the Club Connections section on MCYM's website. In order to perform a search, you must first sign up for a login and password.