Young Life is a Christian ministry whose mission is introducing adolescents to Jesus
Christ and helping them grow in their faith. All duties are to be performed in a
manner that is compatible with the mission of Young Life.
Area Director - New Canaan, CT
New Canaan, CT
Full or Part Time:
Jan. 16, 2013
The Greater New York Division and Metro North Region is looking for an area director to join the staff team in New Canaan, Conn. This position features a rare combination of great challenge/opportunity for development and a healthy reservoir of resources. A foundation of support and ministry exists to facilitate a healthy arrival transition. A long-term track of spiritual and professional development is possible as this position could grow into metro-level and regional responsibility. New Canaan, Conn. is an established suburban area with a long legacy of Young Life. There is an active committee of 14 adults. There are strong, servant-minded co-chairs (husband and wife team) committed to their leadership position through 2014. The area has not been in financial deficit for more than 10 years. Area cash-flow is typically at least four months in surplus. A full-service, multi-staff office, leader lounge and club space in the heart of New Canaan provides great infrastructure. Most importantly, there is a dynamic Christ-centered mission community of adults ready to surround staff in love, prayer, partnership and support. The immediate need is for a spiritually-passionate, high-capacity, and professionally competent staff to bolster front-line work with kids and develop volunteer leaders. As this is accomplished, various opportunities for committee/donor development, larger-than-local influence (metro/regional/etc.), and staff supervisory responsibility will emerge.
- Authentically and passionately point kids and adults to Jesus Christ through spiritual formation/leadership, integrity, vision-casting, community-building and missionary lifestyle.
- Be a model kid-work leader.
- Run a flagship club.
- Spearhead outreach and discipleship of male students within that club.
- Create contagious momentum that spills over to all existing ministries within the area (high school, WyldLife, Capernaum and Alumni), volunteer leadership development, and the growth of ministries in surrounding areas.
- Catalyze a volunteer leader pipeline and program. Mature, principle-centered, and creative leadership needed to recruit, sustain and train a diverse leadership team of various ages and backgrounds.
- Supervise, train, and care for staff associates in the area.
- Expand existing foundations of committee, donors and community support.
The area is currently solid, but is ripe for new cultivation. This staff position will be expected to attract the next generation of supporters. Grow into increased levels of influence within the entire Metro North Region. This could include leadership with multiple staff, committees, etc. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement within one of the newest regions (and the newest division) in the Young Life mission.
- Deep and genuine love of Christ.
- Growing passion to share life with all types of kids.
- Proven track record of leadership and growing kid-ministry.
- Healthy commitment to a lifestyle of ministry.
- Desire to dream big dreams and pray big things.
- Competence and capacity to thrive within a professional community.
- Team paradigm in all facets of ministry -- willingness to lead, follow, and work together.
- Grateful heart, posture of life-long learning, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Completion of the Young Life training program preferred.
- Being part of a dynamic team of staff and volunteers.
- Finding your life as you lose it.
- Full-time salary and health benefits.
- Consistent training and evaluation and opportunity for career advancement .
- Surrounded by people who will invest in you and your family.
New Canaan, Conn. is a Wall Street suburb that is about a 60-minute train ride from Grand Central Station in New York City. It is a family-centered, affluent town that welcomes programming such as Young Life into its community. The benefits of smaller town life can be enjoyed while still being connected to the "center of the world" -- New York City.
How To Apply:
All applicants should complete the online application and attach a resume by clicking the below button. For more information, contact Holly Pettit in the Metro North Regional office.