Young Life is a Christian ministry whose mission is introducing adolescents to Jesus
Christ and helping them grow in their faith. All duties are to be performed in a
manner that is compatible with the mission of Young Life.
Applications Security Administrator
Colorado Springs, CO
Full or Part Time:
January 2, 2013
This person will possess an array of analytical and technical skills to serve Young Life’s mission leadership by implementing, monitoring and administering all Young Life application security policies, process flows and database security tasks, while also serving as a backup administrator for the Oracle database environment.
- Perform all Lawson application security tasks to include the following:
Financial and Payroll Systems (running on Oracle databases)
- Add, change or delete user access using User Management either for individuals or large groups of employees.
- Perform simple Unix/AIX operations to define user groups and other such tasks.
- Add new roles using Role Manager.
- Add, change or delete Security Classes.
- Access different Lawson security profiles (ADM, ENV, GEN, LGN, PRD, understand their function and modify if necessary.
- Understand internal controls from an accounting perspective. Utilize Kinsey & Kinsey separation of duties reports. Discuss implications with Accounting and Internal Audit.
- Utilize other security reports to review user access capabilities and potential internal control conflicts. If needed, output results to CSV file and analyze the results using Excel.
- Manage differing user environments (Service Center, camps and field use of Employee Self-Serve).
- Understand Process Flow and how it may impact Lawson Security.
- Maintain current working knowledge of Lawson Security as it continues to evolve.
- Provide administration and management of all Oracle and SQL database security schemas.
- Provide administration and management of Windows user security policies and profiles.
- Function as a backup Oracle database administrator to existing staff.
- Conduct organization-wide data classification assessment and security audits and manage remediation plans.
- Consult with application developers on topics of application security and security-related design.
- Oversee and administer all change management processes.
- Responsible for the roadmap for security strategy.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred, other four-year degrees acceptable.
- Application security experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Experience with Lawson environments.
- Recent experience with MS SQL Server 2008 including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS.
- Recent experience working in an Oracle 11 environment.
- Experience designing and implementing work flows in a variety of different software environments.
- Comprehensive understanding and recent experience working in a Microsoft Active Directory environment in an application security capacity.
- Ability to work independently, without detailed supervision, or as a member of a variety of teams, depending on the circumstance.
Standard Young Life benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension and 401(k), health club reimbursement and paid vacation. View further details.
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants must complete a Young Life Service Center Employment Application. Please complete this online application via the link below. Your application will be sent to the Young Life Service Center Human Resources department.