The Young Life Benefits department is here to serve you. We strive to provide the best benefit plan for you and your family. Following is a brief description of some of the services we offer.
Life insurance includes accidental death and dismemberment double indemnity.
- Full-Time Staff: The Group Life Insurance provides you with coverage equal to two times your annual salary.
- Spouse: $10,000
- Children (live birth to 6 months): $1,000
(6 months to 26 years): $2,000
- Travel: Young Life purchases $100,000 coverage for full-time staff traveling on Young Life business.
Optional Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage
In addition to group life and accidental death coverage paid for by Young Life, you may purchase optional supplemental accidental death and dismemberment and term life coverage through payroll deduction.
After you have completed at least 1,000 hours and one year of service with Young Life, an amount equal to 7 percent of your salary will be contributed by Young Life to an individual pension account. You have the privilege and responsibility of choosing from a host of investment options. When you reach eligibility, notification by mail will automatically be sent to you.
You must complete five years of continuous service to be fully vested in the Plan.
Optional Tax-Deferred Savings/Retirement Plan
- 401(k): Plan for retirement by taking advantage of this program designed to help eligible employees provide for their financial future through personal savings. Up to 100 percent of your monthly gross income can be set aside for distribution into various mutual fund accounts that are not taxed until funds are withdrawn. Young Life will match 100 percent of every dollar you contribute to your 401(k) plan up to 4 percent of your eligible compensation.
- Healthcare Flexible Spending: You can save money by enrolling in Young Life's Flexible Spending Account for healthcare. Pre-taxed dollars are deducted from your paycheck each month to be used to reimburse yourself for medical, dental, vision, RX and eligible over-the-counter expenses not covered by your health plan such as deductibles and co-pays. The annual maximum that may be set aside is $2,500.
- Limited Healthcare Flexible Spending: You can also save money by enrolling in Young Life's Limited Flexible Spending Account for healthcare. Pre-taxed dollars are deducted from your paycheck each month to be used to reimburse yourself for eligible dental and vision expenses not covered by your dental and vision plans. The annual maximum that may be set aside is $2,500. You must be enrolled in the 80/50 High Deductible Health Plan to be eligible for this benefit.
- Dependent Care Assistance Program: You may also set aside pre-taxed dollars to pay for eligible dependent care expenses. This provides coverage for daycare expenses incurred in order for you or your spouse to work and applies to dependent children and disabled spouses. The annual maximum that may be set aside is $5,000. If you participate in this program, you are not able to take the dependent care deduction when you file your taxes. Please consult your tax preparer to determine which would be best for you.
- Health Savings Account (HSA): This is an individual account that allows eligible individuals to save money to pay for certain medical expenses on a tax-free basis. HSA contributions can be made by you, and Young Life also contributes into this account on your behalf. HSA account balances are non-forfeitable and carry forward from year to year for future medical expenses. Earnings on HSA account balances are generally not taxed while held in the HSA, which means that these accounts can grow on a tax-free basis. The maximum annual deferrals are set up annually by the IRS. You must be enrolled in the 80/50 High Deductible Health Plan in order to participate in the HSA.
Short-Term Disability Coverage
You may purchase short-term disability coverage through payroll deduction which will provide up to 60 percent of your salary while disabled by accident or sickness, up to six months.
Long-Term Disability Coverage
If you are totally disabled by accident or sickness and cannot work for a period of six months or more, your long-term disability coverage, coupled with Social Security, provides 60 percent of your salary until age 65 or until you are no longer disabled.
Medical benefits for you and your dependents under the 90/70 Plan. (Some services are not subject to the deductible.)
- Hospital (in-patient): $200 deductible, per person, per year, then Young Life pays 90 percent* (semi-private room). Precertification is required.
- Diagnostic Procedures: 90 percent*, $200 deductible.
- Surgery: $200 deductible per person, per year for in-patient and out-patient surgery.
- Deductibles: $200/individual, $400/family deductible per calendar year for covered expenses, then 90 percent* is paid. This includes office visits, out-patient hospitalization, emergency room visits and in-patient doctor visits.
- Mental Health
- Counseling: $200 deductible, then 90 percent.*
- Hospital: Paid as any other hospital expense.
- Hospital: $200 deductible then Young Life pays 90 percent* (semi-private room).
- Nursery: $200 deductible. Young Life pays 90 percent.* Available to those with dependent coverage only.
- Physician: $200 deductible, then 90 percent* paid on delivery and pre- and post-natal care.
- Diagnostic: 90 percent.*
*70 percent of reasonable and customary costs if non-PPO provider is used.
We also offer a high deductible health plan (HDHP) which is associated with a Health Savings Account.
Young Life is a member of Express Scripts, with co-pays as follows on a four-tier plan:
- Local Member Pharmacy
- Generic: $7
- Formulary: $25
- Non-formulary: $50
- Specialty: $100
- Mail-Order Pharmacy
- Generic: $14
- Formulary: $50
- Non-formulary: $100
When you use a Vision Service Plan member doctor, the benefits — subject to a $25 deductible — are:
- Eye exam: Once every 12 months.
- Glasses: One purchase every 12 months (up to plan limit); OR
- Contacts: One purchase every 12 months (up to plan limit).
- Retinal Screening available for an additional $10 co-pay.
Our dental care is provided by Delta Dental of Colorado under the Premier Plan.
- $2,000 per covered individual annually with a $50 deductible. Family deductible is $150 accumulatively.
- Preventive care: no deductible; most care paid at 100 percent every six months.
- Maximum lifetime benefit of $2,000 per adult or child. No deductible; payable at 50 percent.
- Adoption*: $5,500 is awarded for incurred professional and legal fees when adoption is finalized. This includes benefits for adoption counseling services.
- Camp Scholarships: Young Life will pay the fee for your high school-aged child to attend one week at any Young Life camp.
- Dependent Scholarships: College scholarships are available to children of staff who have had five or more years of continuous full-time service with Young Life.
- Health Clubs*: Young Life will pay $250 of your membership to a health club annually;
- Home Health Equipment*: Young Life will reimburse up to $125 for equipment purchased for home use.
* You must be enrolled in the health plan to be eligible for this benefit.